Sunday, November 17, 2013

Coca-Cola Anyone?

Sunday, November 17, 2013


Coca-Cola Anyone?

   My earliest memory of Coca-Cola was when my father Carl would take my brother Michael and I fishing. We'd have a few Cokes in the boat, and he'd slowly drink from the light green bottle. I'm sure practically every person in North America had drunk about 100 bottles and cans of Coke in their lifetime. I also have a vague recollection of the wooden cases (now collectors items) that the glass Coca-Cola bottles came in.

   I return from time to time to the several North American auction houses that I have the pleasure to work with. Lo and behold, I ventured to Dan Morphy Auctions. He's having a Coca-Cola memorabilia auction, and I naturally did a search for truck and came up with a fine grouping of Coca-Cola trucks. Have a look at the other items in the auction. I always like to see how things have changed through time,and the Coca-Cola listings are certainly most interesting!










Someone must have collected all of these nice Coca-Cola trucks,and I wondered what this person's relationship or memories to Coca-Cola had him collect these toys.  I also wondered how much of a demand for such a specific type of toy truck there was at the time. Also, don't forgot that the toys companies might have had to pay Royalties to Coca-Cola in order to use their logo and have someone make those bottles. 

Today, we have cans and plastic bottles in which soft drinks come. When I'm really thirsty, I'll still drink directly from the can or plastic bottle. But ah, those memories of drinking from a glass bottle. There was nothing like it! 

Thanks for dropping by to visit,
and have a great part fo the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: