Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fabulous Paper and Wood Toys

Wednesday, November 13, 2013
                      (Sunny and Very Cold)


Fabulous Paper and Wood Toys

   I'm always fascinated by how toys made of wood and lithographed paper seem to have lasted for so long. At a recently concluded Bertoia Auctions (November 8-10, 2013) auction , I came across today's group of these toys. What I especially like is how the lithographed paper had been so well illustrated, and has transferred to create the illusion of 3D. 



The swimming pool and the building are quite interesting for depicting that era.The ladies (I assume they are) are wearing both bathing caps and the fuller swimming tops of that era, and the extepsive brick was common to that period of outdoor pools. 





What's interesting to observe among many of  the toys presented today is that warm -toned yellow theme. THe toys above are certainly interesting, but that "piece-de-resistance" is barn with its extensive detailing and ropes.



May toys like the one above would come with accessories such as the flat-shaped blocks presented above. The interesting part is that the toy had a removeable roof to store the parts. 


Another "piece de resistance" (I have to practise my French) is this fine set. The elephant is magically very realistic, and all of the animals have been hand painted. The oval illustrations on the side of the trailer are magnificent.  I'm sure every child who received tho particular set of toys would have been extremely happy!

Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night, 
wherever you may be.
Stacey 
toysearcher@gmail.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to thank you for the endeavours you have got developed in creating this write-up. I am hoping the identical very best run from you inside the possible also. Really your innovative writing skills has motivated me to commence my private Weblog Motor weblog now.
dfw airport car service
dallas limousine

Unknown said...

Be cautious when dealing with Heinz @ Classic Tin Toy, as he often sells parts that he does not have...

toysearcher said...

Hi Jospeh,

I'm not sure why you added a comment about another person and company that I have written about and dealt with in the past.

I've dealt with Heinz and his wife at Classic Tin Toys, and have have personally found my dealings with them to be excellent.

Thanks for the comment,

Stacey Bindman
writer of this blog